In the past few months, there have been many reports of anti-social behaviour flagged in Aungier Street, Kevin Street, Bolton Street and Cathal Brugha Street but nothing has been done, despite raising this issue numerous times since September to Management in TU Dublin.
Your Students’ Union are aware of some of the incidents of anti-social behaviour, with many of them taking place in the common areas, and involving both students and non-students.
We do not condone any behaviour which is in breach of the Common Room Code of Conduct and TU Dublin Rules & Regulations.
The following is the result of anti-social behaviour:
- Kevin St Snackery has to close at 5pm everyday
- Closure and removal of Pool Tables in Aungier St
- Student being threatened and scared on their own campus
- TU Dublin staff, DITSU staff and External Persons being verbally abused
DITSU demand for security on site and for TU Dublin to make use of the Disciplinary Procedure for breaches of the Common Room Code of Conduct which was devised by both TU Dublin and DITSU.
Our students are now at risk when they are in a City Campus building, and not enough measures have been put it in place to protect them. We have raised these issues several times to senior management in TU Dublin, and our requests are outlined below:
- Regular Student ID card checks throughout the day in Common Areas
- Swipe card access for buildings to be inputted at entrances
- The Kevin St Snackery to be re-opened, with appropriate cleaning contracts to prevent the build up of litter
- Security contract extended from Grangegorman for Aungier/Kevin St
- Ensuring incidents of anti-social behaviour are actually recorded and not ignored
- TU Dublin work with local Kevin St Garda/Community Garda to tackle illegal activities e.g. drugs, physical threats to students and staff
We want a campus that is accessible and welcoming for all, and for the University to ensure the safety and wellbeing of students and staff across all campuses.
We ask all students to please respect the Common Room Code of Conduct and TU Dublin Rules & Regulations. Be especially mindful if you’re bringing in friends from outside college and always carry your Student ID card and present it to staff when requested.
If you do witness or experience an incident of anti-social behaviour, please bring it immediately to the attention of the Porters and fill out this Health and Safety Forms (reporting inappropriate behaviour) for the incident to be recorded and addressed by TU Dublin.
The DITSU Team